Why Dogs Make For Great Emotional Support Animals
Many people look in a pet for companionship as well as love and support. Many pet animals with their unique characteristics give the company to their pet parents and the whole household, be it a dog, a cat, a miniature horse, etc. Each different kind of animal type brings along with its various features and characteristics that their human companions love in them, and therefore love to hang around them.
For those pet owners who suffer from emotional difficulties, with an ESA letter, they can have their pets around them constantly either during travels or at home as an emotional support animal.
These emotional support animals are there to provide their companion with the affection and love that their companion needs, especially at the time of an emotional or mental crisis. Pet animals are great emotional support for people who are suffering from emotional difficulties or mental disorders. People suffering from depression, anxieties, crisis, PTSD, or any other illness or disorder, find their pet animals as a source of normality and comfort through their pet animal’s unending affection and unlimited attention. Being around the animals, such people don’t feel judged or under scrutiny as they do around people.
Mental health specialists that include psychologists, psychiatrists, and counselors usually allow or even encourage their patients to have a pet animal around them to help them cope with their difficulties. This is backed by many pieces of research that connect the presence of a pet animal to an induced calming or emotionally stabilizing effect.
The emotional support letter is a legitimate certificate that makes your pet an emotional support creature. Passionate help creatures are given more opportunity and favorable circumstances at that point pets since they are on the job to give love, solace, and fulfillment to their proprietors. They should be with their proprietors to make them intellectually steady or to defeat alarm assaults or nervousness scenes.
Dogs as emotional support animals
Dogs have been kept as emotional support long before the concept of emotional support animals. There are many characteristics that make dogs ideal to be emotional support animals:
- They are loyal and love to be around their human companions.
- They are complex and intelligent animals that are quick to judge the emotional state of their human companions.
- They are fun-loving and energetic, helping you get out of bed and out of the house at times. If you have an esa dog you should know about emotional support dog certification.
- There are a variety of dog breeds to choose from, which have been bred and nurtured to accentuate their special characteristics. One can find a pet dog that suits his/her lifestyle and his/her needs.
- Depending on the breed many dogs are great companions to not just you but your whole household. They are known to uplift the mood of the whole household.
- Also depending on the breed, many dogs are especially good around children and other pet animals. You are not putting your emotional needs in front of the safety of the household, as these pet dogs in fact provide extra protection to the children of the household and help you around with them.
- You can find dog breeds in many sizes such as toy-sized, miniature-sized, standard-sized, and large-sized. You can bring home the size of the dog breed that you prefer and suit your lifestyle.
- The dogs can be trained easily to perform certain tasks or to follow certain rules just like a toddler. This will give you the additional freedom of managing your pet animal, and you will be able to avoid any nuisance that can come from your pet. If you have ESA you have a support animal letter.
Dog breeds that are good emotional support animals
There are many dogs that are easy to be around, affectionate, and easily trainable.If you want to keep your dog inside your house you should have an ESA letter for housing. But some of the breeds are known for their qualities of companionship and their ease of adaptability in social situations and physical spaces. Some of the most common emotions support animal candidates are:
- Petit Basset Griffon Vendeen
- Labrador Retriever
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
- Irish Setter
- Pembroke Welsh Corgi
- Golden Retriever
- Boston Terrier
Related Resources :
How To Take Measures To Save Your Pet From Losing?
How To Take Care Of Your ESA Dog During Quarantine Time?
How To Fly With Your ESA? Tips To Make Your Trip Easy
Learn How To Groom Your Cat Perfectly